How to make sure your guests actually use your wedding hashtag
Time to read: 2 min
✏️ Written by: Alli Hammersla
So you did it, you came up with the perfect wedding hashtag. It's witty, simple, and speaks to who you and your fiancé are as a couple. It's a no-brainer that your guests will want to use it, right?
Many guests won't be able to take advantage of your wedding hashtag if they never see it. A single, cute sign at the entrance of your reception site won't be enough exposure to get them all posting and tagging away. So how do you make sure your guests actually use your wedding hashtag? Simple: Put it in places they'll see it and remember to use it throughout the night. Read on for a list of 9 common places to discreetly display the tag for your guests.
9 places to put your wedding hashtag
- On wedding save the dates, invitations, and RSVPs
- Discreetly listed on table numbers or centerpiece displays
- Written on your guest cards
- Printed in your guest book
- Included in wedding programs
- Posted by your bar
- Displayed across your dance floor
- At a selfie station or photo-booth
- Classic wedding hashtag sign - but consider using more than one throughout the reception venue
But wait - haven't actually found that perfect wedding hashtag yet? Sign up to get a free human-generated hashtag written by Petal & Veil creative professionals, not generated by a boring algorithm.